In the last blog, I listed the top 10 things I have learned from teaching Bible at the high school level for 20 years. But this was my last year. I have felt the Father nudge me out of the nest and into a new quest. This week I am beginning to feel so many of the unknowns ahead. I have some tough decisions to make. And I have so many unanswered questions. With the future looming like this, here are the top 10 things I have learned about it over the years. It’s a good reminder for me right now!
10. Fear is a constant stalker when looking ahead. It’s a good short term motivator. A terrible long term one.
9. Never say “Never.” Many years ago, I said I would never teach at a Christian high school.
8. God has a plan for your plan.
7. The quest God will put us on in the future is so often connected to the story of our lives from the past.
6. Chasing after fame and fortune is a constant pull and a constant deception.
5. Ambition to do the Father’s will is the one and only thing to be zealous for.
4. If you want to make God laugh, announce to him the plans for your life.
3. Your part in God’s story is not only the best role you could play, but the best one for you personally.
2. Really trusting God with your future feels like rappelling. You have to step off the cliff and have confidence that the rope will hold.
1. I don’t know much about the future…but if I walk with God each day, that’s all I need.
We will officially enter the summer season with the next blog. See you then!